Frequency Devices' Model VM32PA comprises a family of VMEbus amplifier boards offering software programmable differential amplifiers in a single width B-size (6U) VME form factor. VM32PA boards provide simultaneous access to 32, DC-coupled wideband signals while providing programmable gain from -12dB to +60dB, in 6dB steps for signal bandwidths from 100 Hz to 100 kHz. VM32PA boards may be configured with 8, 16 or 32 channels. The boards conform to VME revision C.1 as an A16/D16 Slave. Available options include AC coupled input and/or differential output.
- Simultaneous access over 32 channels offers a low cost, versatile and convenient way to provide programmable amplification.
- Three active read/write registers provide programming and set-up verification.
- Interchannel crosstalk <-100 dB, phase match of 0.2° and gain accuracy of ±0.1 dB at DC provides precision performance solutions to design engineers, system integrators and OEM's.
- High channel count density without sacrificing performance maximizes chassis utilization.
- Sonar, navigation & aerospace
- Engine test and simulation
- Acoustic and vibration analysis
- Satellite & Telecommunications
- Laboratory R & D
- Automatic test equipment (ATE)
- Industrial process control
||-12 dB to +60 dB in 6 dB steps
(@ 25°C and rated power input)
- Impedance: 1 MΩ // 22pF
- Maximum Input: ±15V
- AC Couple (Optional Fixed Freq.):
10 Hz to 1.0 kHz
- Impedance:1.0 W typ., 10 Ω max.
- Linear Operating Range, PGA5:
±5V linear operating range,
Output clamped to ±9 V
- Channel to Channel Crosstalk:
<-100dB @ 1 kHz, <-9OdB
@ 20 kHz
- Maximum Current: 5.0mA
- Offset Voltage:
2mV RTI, NTE 40mV max.
- Offset Temp. Coeff., RTI:
±(5 + 100/G) µV/°C max.
- Signal Bandwidth (-3dB):
100kHz gain >6dB,
500kHz gain <6dB
- Amplitude Match*:
±0.1dB @ DC, linear to ±0.25dB at fc
- Phase Match*: 0.2° typ., 1° max. @ fc
- Noise Voltage, RTI:
20nV/sqrt(Hz) @ 1 kHz, G=1,000
- Distortion PGA5, G=1x @ 1Vrms Output, RL=2kohms:
-83dB, 1 kHz single ended
-86dB, 1 kHz differential
* Any two channels set to same gain and loading
- Gain Programming (G): 0.25X to 1024X in factors of 2:1, 32 channels programmed over VMEbus with read-back
- Gain Accuracy @ DC: ±0.1dB max.
- Interface: A16/D16, D08 (EO), Slave
- Registers: Three active R/W registers in 64 byte blocks
- From VME Backplane:
+5V, 1.O A max.,
±12 V, 0.7 A max. each
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to +70°C
- Storage Temperature: -25°C to +85°C
- Humidity: 0-95% non-condensing
- Card Size: VMEbus 6U single slot,
9.17 x 6.3 inches, (233 x 160 mm)
- No. of Input Channels: 32 Differential
- No. of Output Channels: 32 Single Ended, Two groups of 16
- Differential Output: (Optional)
- Input Mating Connectors:
Male high density 78-pin D-sub, Quantity 1
- Output Mating Connectors:
Female high density 44-pin D-sub, Quantity 2
- Weight: 1 LB., (454 grams)
We hope the information given here will be helpful. The information is based on data and our best knowledge, and we consider the information to be true and accurate. Please read all statements, recommendations or suggestions herein in conjunction with our conditions of sale which apply to all goods supplied by us. We assume no responsibility for the use of these statements, recommendations or suggestions, nor do we intend them as a recommendation for any use which would infringe any patent or copyright.
Frequency Devices, Inc.
Your engineering partner
for signal conditioning
1784 Chessie Lane
Ottawa, IL 61350
Phone: (815) 434-7800
or (800) 252-7074 (U.S. only)
Fax: (815) 434-8176